Emma van den Berg (1992) is a visual artist & documentary maker, born and raised in Amsterdam, the Netherlands. In the summer of 2018 she graduated from the Gerrit Rietveld Academie from the Audio Visual Department (VAV) with two works, which where shown during the graduation show.
Currently, she lives and studies Documentary Filmmaking in London at Goldsmiths, University of London.
Her short documentary ‘Doei, stomme trut’ (Bye, silly tart) was screened at the Nederlands Film Festival 2018, as part of the student competition and in the spring of 2019, it was broadcasted on Dutch television as part of the 2doc programme Makers van Morgen, which focusses on upcoming talent in the documentary world.
*Master Programme : MA Filmmaking – Screen Documentary, Goldsmiths, University of London. (September 2020 – August 2021)
*Higher education : HBO, Gerrit Rietveld Academie, Audio Visueel. (September 2013 – July 2018)
*Exchange Program : Ar.Co, Lisbon, Portugal. (September 2016 – January 2017)
*Education : VWO diploma, Fons Vitae lyceum Amsterdam. (2011)
– Researcher, Floor runner & AD, Lipton short documentary film, Truman Films. (March 2020)
– Production Assistant, exhibition ‘I didn’t want to be a mum’, Sophie Ebrard. (October 2019)
– Internship, short film, NTR Kort ‘En route’ (winner best short film at ‘Nederlands Film Festival’ 2019) by Marit Weerheijm, produced by ‘Room for Film’. (March 2019 – May 2019)
– Guest Teacher, Filmworkshop Gerrit Rietveld Academie, Tungsten Studio. (March 2019)
– Spring Performance Festival 2018, Photo- & Videographer, (April 2018)
– Spring Performance Festival 2017, Photo- & Videographer, (April 2017)
– Internship : Jeanine Hofland Gallerie. (September 2015 – July 2016)
- LINK TO FILM ‘DOEI, STOMME TRUT’ + INTERVIEW:
- INTERVIEW FILMKRANT:
* ‘Doei, stomme trut’ translated to English means ‘Bye, silly tart’
Film review ‘Doei, stomme trut’ in Dutch newspaper Het Parool